Challenges are a popular phenomenon in the land of social media. Hashtags such as #alsicebucketchallenge, #100happydays and #30daysofgettingmyasskickedbyyoga can be seen all over your favorite social media medium. Whether it’s to raise awareness or to keep one accountable, everyone likes a good challenge. In that spirit and inspired by #edmchallenge (no, not electronic dance music challenge) I’m starting an #100artsydays challenge. Artists, inspiring artists, people who are bored, feel free to join me! Though I don’t think hashtags quite work on WordPress….
- Do something artsy (that part of the hashtag is pretty self-explanatory) and HASHTAG IT or add the tag 100artsydays in the post. “Artsy” is up for interpretation. I’ll most likely focus on drawing.
- The days should be continuous. Though if you get stuck in the middle of nowhere, I think it’s okay to skip a day or few.
- Have to finish 100 piece, even if it take 1000 days.
- You can use the list provided from the EDM challenge linked above (again, not the electronic dance music, though making a kool kandi could count as an art piece), or make up your own art assignment.
- TBD. I’m making this up as I go.
LET’S DO IT.
Day 1: Draw something with wings.